McKenzie friend (support in court)

Our Services
McKenzie friend

Family disputes such as issues of child contact, separation or divorce are difficult and costly, even for those who can afford to pay for a solicitor.

If you do not have a legally qualified person to represent you in the family court but speak for yourself, you are called a ‘litigant in person’.

In that case, you have the right to a lay person called a ‘McKenzie friend’ to help you understand how the court works and what you need to do.

Another option is to apply for ‘Rights of Audience’ so that your McKenzie friend could speak for you in court.

  • We provide McKenzie friends.
  • We specialise in representation and are led by an advisory board of people from a Black Minority Ethnic (BME) background.